Has anyone had success using the Transfer and Tagging App for Imaging Edge on an android phone for live news (or stock)?
Is there a way to test the metadata transfer and FTP functions of this app on a windows 10 local machine?

Edited by mickfly
  • 3 weeks later...

Having recently changed all my FF Canon gear for an RX10 mk4 (I had the mark one for a while a couple of years ago) to accompany my little RX100 mk3 I have decided to use the free Sony Apps on my Samsung phone for Live News.
So, if anyone is interested I have now got a fast workflow to get images from camera, to the phone, to the newsfeed, including basic picture edits, metadata and caption templates.

I will be making a blog post with an explanation shortly.

• Upvote 3
9 hours ago, mickfly said:

Having recently changed all my FF Canon gear for an RX10 mk4 (I had the mark one for a while a couple of years ago) to accompany my little RX100 mk3 I have decided to use the free Sony Apps on my Samsung phone for Live News.
So, if anyone is interested I have now got a fast workflow to get images from camera, to the phone, to the newsfeed, including basic picture edits, metadata and caption templates.

I will be making a blog post with an explanation shortly.

Sounds interesting Mick. When previously shooting live news I tried similar with an iPhone without success, and carrying a small MacBook Air for editing and uploading via the phone was too slow.

• Like 1