Sony Imaging Edge add on for live news

Has anyone had success using the Transfer and Tagging App for Imaging Edge on an android phone for live news (or stock)?
Is there a way to test the metadata transfer and FTP functions of this app on a windows 10 local machine?

Edited by mickfly

• 3 weeks later...

Having recently changed all my FF Canon gear for an RX10 mk4 (I had the mark one for a while a couple of years ago) to accompany my little RX100 mk3 I have decided to use the free Sony Apps on my Samsung phone for Live News.
So, if anyone is interested I have now got a fast workflow to get images from camera, to the phone, to the newsfeed, including basic picture edits, metadata and caption templates.

I will be making a blog post with an explanation shortly.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mickfly said:

Having recently changed all my FF Canon gear for an RX10 mk4 (I had the mark one for a while a couple of years ago) to accompany my little RX100 mk3 I have decided to use the free Sony Apps on my Samsung phone for Live News.
So, if anyone is interested I have now got a fast workflow to get images from camera, to the phone, to the newsfeed, including basic picture edits, metadata and caption templates.

I will be making a blog post with an explanation shortly.

Sounds interesting Mick. When previously shooting live news I tried similar with an iPhone without success, and carrying a small MacBook Air for editing and uploading via the phone was too slow.

• Love 1