Ooops! No Copyright.

Brizbee

Question

Hi.

Just been through my latest submission on AIM and found an image that I had somehow forgotten to caption, tag and copyright in 'File Info' beforehand. Now captioning and tagging were easily remedied, but is there any way to add the copyright info in AIM?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Are you confident that Alamy keep your copyright info even when you add it? I think they strip yours if present but add their own on purchased downloads - e.g. "Credit: Photographer Name / Alamy Stock Photo", so I don't think you have to worry.

P.S. My evidence for this is from a very valuable test done by Mark Chapman where he purchased his own images in order to discover what colour space they were in when the customer purchases them. His images had no copyright info on upload but did have it on the purchased downloads.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brizbee said:

and I'll still keep doing it for my own piece of mind

Absolutely agree that it is good practice to always add the copyright info when releasing images but in this case they will be just sitting on Alamy's servers so no risk involved I think. 

9 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Absolutely agree that it is good practice to always add the copyright info when releasing images but in this case they will be just sitting on Alamy's servers so no risk involved I think. 

A timely reminder as I must confess to forgetting at times (even tho' its easy to do in LR).