Unexpected searches from clients

Mirco Vacca

Good morning,

Again it shows that many things that you would not expect can be sold. I have regulary some strange searches. For example i put a time ago a image of an Samsung smartphone with broken screen. This is one of the search therm what i see regulary. I dont know if it is sold yet but i comes along with only 6 other images every time. I am sure that there are even in Alamy many things that clients would like to have but not covered in the database.

Mirco

• 2 weeks later...

I get zooms a lot on images that people have had a direct hit on my stuff. Who ever it is then zooms it a day later. Nothing ever shows up on sales. 

Baffles the life out of me. 

Paul, I had a quick look over a few pages of your images. On my 27" iMac, calibrated with Spyder Elite 4, a good amount of them look dark/underexposed, which makes them look drab/no punch. Perhaps that could be one reason for no sales yet? Maybe check your exposure settings before the shot, if your editing isn't giving you bad results?

Believe I saw on another thread that you are buying an iMac. I would suggest either calibrating it or finding the proper brightness level and always use that level when editing your images; never varying from it. For instance perhaps the 5 or 6th bar on the brightness adjustment. That way you'll always be editing at the same display brightness. Just food for thought. 

I get zooms a lot on images that people have had a direct hit on my stuff. Who ever it is then zooms it a day later. Nothing ever shows up on sales. 

Baffles the life out of me. 

Wouldn't want to see you baffled - tell me what software you use to process your images; and do you shoot jpgs or raw?

Archived