Paypal Payment Cancelled by Alamy.

abbas_jafri

Question

Hi,

New to the forum and Alamy. Recently one of my image was sold and I got a notification that Alamy has deposited amount to paypal account. Since my country required document to be verified, I had to first upload the documents on paypal and after uploading on clicking Claim Money, I was redirected to PayPal with notification email Alamy has cancelled the Amount. Taking with then paypal C.S revelaed that amount has been refunded to Alamy. 

Question, How do I get the money back since thete is no option to get this rr deposited. 

P.S Value is more then $50

4 answers to this question

On 07/06/2019 at 15:58, abbas_jafri said:

Hi,

New to the forum and Alamy. Recently one of my image was sold and I got a notification that Alamy has deposited amount to paypal account. Since my country required document to be verified, I had to first upload the documents on paypal and after uploading on clicking Claim Money, I was redirected to PayPal with notification email Alamy has cancelled the Amount. Taking with then paypal C.S revelaed that amount has been refunded to Alamy. 

Question, How do I get the money back since thete is no option to get this rr deposited. 

Email contributors@alamy.com

Mark

The alternative is depositing to a bank account in your country.  Charges for this vary.  Paypal doesn't work where I live now to get money in.  My local Nicaraguan bank takes a US$20 minimum out of wire transfers.  

On 07/06/2019 at 15:58, abbas_jafri said:

Hi,

New to the forum and Alamy. Recently one of my image was sold and I got a notification that Alamy has deposited amount to paypal account. Since my country required document to be verified, I had to first upload the documents on paypal and after uploading on clicking Claim Money, I was redirected to PayPal with notification email Alamy has cancelled the Amount. Taking with then paypal C.S revelaed that amount has been refunded to Alamy

You have to raise it with Alamy as Mark has mentioned above.

As you have now verified the documents, paypal will accept and send the money into your mapped bank account overnight. PayPal in India (I'm guessing that's you location based on images) are not allowed to hold the money in account. This could also be the reason why they sent the money back to Alamy in first instance.

I hope you get this resolved soon.

Cheers,

Gnans.

Edited by Gnans