Personal and presentation refunds.

Phil Robinson

Please make 'personal use' and 'presentation and newsletters' sales UNREFUNDABLE.

There is absolutely no way of knowing whether an image has been used after it has been downloaded (and refunded).

Obviously it would have to be made very clear to customers before they pay that the sale could not be refunded, and that if they buy a pic of a Ferrari, they are buying the licence to use the image and not a £200,000 sportscar, which seems to be excuse given for most refunds.

And if a company spend $10 on an image for a Powerpoint, it is not unreasonable to expect them to write off the $10 if the presentation disappointingly never comes to fruition.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I fear Alamy does not really care about these possibilities for misuse.
"Personal use" is open for heavy misuse anyway. I even proved Alamy that an image bought for "personal use" was actually used commercially. Nothing happened. 😞 I have tons of personal use sales of images, nobody will actually buy for personal use. - Alamy doesn't care.
Unfortunately it is not possible to disable personal use sales without loosing distributor sales.

On 15/05/2019 at 19:52, Phil Robinson said:

Please make 'personal use' and 'presentation and newsletters' sales UNREFUNDABLE.

I'm not sure but such a policy might fall foul of the consumer rights act in the UK- it's not usually possible to refuse a refund of an item bought at a distance.

On 14/06/2019 at 10:14, spacecadet said:

I'm not sure but such a policy might fall foul of the consumer rights act in the UK- it's not usually possible to refuse a refund of an item bought at a distance.

You may have a point there.