Abstract sales?

ACC

Hi,

I’ve been uploading kaleidoscope / abstract versions of my images like the one below. I notice there are lots of this type of thing on Alamy. Wondering if anyone has had any sales? Do people buy these? 

abstract-kaleidoscope-view-of-beach-huts

10 hours ago, ACC said:

Hi,

I’ve been uploading kaleidoscope / abstract versions of my images like the one below. I notice there are lots of this type of thing on Alamy. Wondering if anyone has had any sales? Do people buy these?

While we wait for the sellers to declare themselves...

You know how AoA works?

Clients do search for kaleidoscope and kaleidoscopic. Try %kaleidoscop% or %abstract% and set the starting date to 01-May-2018, which is the 1st of the rolling year.

Click UCO first to see how many searches there have been; click Search Term to find patterns (no pun) and which keywords to use; click Views to see which search terms yield less than 100 views, and would therefore be a good subject.

kaleidoscope = 1 page @100

abstract = 32 pages @100

wim

11 hours ago, wiskerke said:

click Views to see which search terms yield less than 100 views, and would therefore be a good subject.

wim

I'm not sure I understand that thought, Wim???

Edo

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'm not sure I understand that thought, Wim???

Edo

Less than 100 views means there's only one page @100 for that keywords, so your images will be seen whatever rank you have. Or rather: what rank your images have.

Now providing your images are good, you do get a fair shot at sales.  Mind it's about the keyword, so it could also mean you already have the images, but with different keywords. In any case there has been a customer who came looking for it. I would not go out and shoot a subject with only one customer per year though. But with a large port you could.

If the views are exactly 100 or 200, there probably are more images. You could check them of course, but I would start with the ones with views below a 100.

wim

Archived