'Usage: Editorial use, One of each of the following uses: Presentation, student project, editorial website, small book (up to 1000 print run, not front cover), small magazine/newspaper (up to 1000 print run. Worldwide license. Excludes advertising and promotion.
Start: 03 April 2019
Duration: In perpetuity'

In my view - and no doubt lots of folk will disagree - this licence is for 4 different uses.  It should be 4 separate licences.  

But who am I to know  I'm just the mug who presses the button.

This is a possible explanation = albeit speculative.

My wife is currently finishing an arts degree.  As part of that she has to set up a website, deliver a presentation on her student project, create a book(let) of her final thesis for deposit in the Uni library, and contribute to a final project brochure/magazine.  If she needed to source a photo from Alamy this is exactly the type of licence terms I would expect.

11 hours ago, John Richmond said:

This is a possible explanation = albeit speculative.

My wife is currently finishing an arts degree.  As part of that she has to set up a website, deliver a presentation on her student project, create a book(let) of her final thesis for deposit in the Uni library, and contribute to a final project brochure/magazine.  If she needed to source a photo from Alamy this is exactly the type of licence terms I would expect.

Tenuous.  I still think that is 4 separate uses.  Alamy did licence an image of mine to a holiday firm 8 times for 8 holiday brochures. That seemed sensible to me but I feel licences that cover 3 or 4 separate but connected uses should not be covered by just one licence.   

Thanks for the reply though.

Archived