Network Protocol Error

This problem has been going on for some weeks now on both the forum and the main Alamy site.

Click on a link and nothing happens for two or three minutes then a Network Protocol error is Displayed.

Then you have to close the browser and login again enduring the hated recaptcha to do it.

Alamy - it seems to me your network is in urgent need of fixing!

In accessing Alamy and the Alamy forum from the UK I have never encountered that problem and all seems to be running smoothly from where I stand, with the exception that occasionally there is a pause of a few seconds after clicking a link on the Alamy site. Has anybody else reported this problem? What browser, computer type and internet connection are you using?   

It may help to change the DNS server in your network connection settings.  It has worked well for me.  I am not sure the Google dns server it will work in the UK but there may be other alternatives for your locale.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

This article explains it pretty well.

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-dns-server

Thanks for the suggestion Johnnie. For the moment the problem has gone away - as suddenly as it appeared. Perhaps someone changed something somwhere. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Interestingly the numer of "slow upload" reports seems to have dropped too.

Edited by Russell
typo