Help with non wildlife images

Hello 

This is my first posting. I usually shoot (and contribute) natural history images, and have never had to deal with model releases / permissions etc.

However, I also have some images which are city scapes / recognizable buildings / landscapes etc which I feel I would like to contribute. One, for example, is a panorama of Sydney harbour at night. There are no people in the scene. 

Please can you advise me about whether or not I need 'permissions' to submit such images? There are lots of buildings in the scene, ranging from the Opera House to the harbour bridge. It would be impossible for me to get permssions from each of the 'owners' of these buildings to use the image.

Thank you

Quetzal

Hi Quetzal,

If it's a general scene there's no need for any permission. The Opera House likes to control its image but a general, overall shot is always fine, of any city, anywhere.

If you ever have concerns; just put it up as RM, make sure PR is "No" and tick "yes" where it says "does this picture contain property that needs a release"

Then you are covered. 

Cheers, Paul

ps love the name - I used to be a tour leader in Guatemala - unfortunately never got to see one!

Thanks for your help guys!

By the way, Paul, I've been lucky enough to see Resplendent Quetzal a few times in Costa Rica as well as Golden-headed in Peru - as a tour leader myself - but no images good enough for Alamy I'm afraid. 

Quetzal

Thanks for your help guys!

By the way, Paul, I've been lucky enough to see Resplendent Quetzal a few times in Costa Rica as well as Golden-headed in Peru - as a tour leader myself - but no images good enough for Alamy I'm afraid. 

Quetzal

Quetzal,

I suppose the quetzal is mostly going to be in the heavy trees so tricky to get a decent photo?

The "area" I used to drive and lead tours was Mexico down to Peru (way back in the late 70s) so saw a few sights. How about this one:

Whilst I was driving along a wild mud road, but reasonably near a local village, a black panther jumped down from the high roadside bank, took two bounds in front of my vehicle - perhaps 15 feet away - and loped off down the bank on the other side of the road.

Paul

Archived