Helloooooo

FotoFinishMe

Hi All

Just joined and hope to try and sell some pics, only been taking pictures on a SLR for a few months now and love it, once I gain a greater confidence I will look to upgrade my kit, at the moment just got the Kit Canon 1300d with a Wide angle and Zoom.

Hoping to find and share advice on here.

Thanks All :)

Welcome Terry.

I'm having a glass of wine myself but I can't see PRC9M7 flying. Nor can I see its Latin name. 

PRC9W2: common name? Latin name? Top Trees???? Can't see that.

If you don't take tags seriously, I'm afraid your ranking will sink very quickly never to recover. Your images won't be seen --> no sales.

Just trying to be helpful. Remedy it before you have too many images. Good luck!

Gen

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

Welcome Terry.

I'm having a glass of wine myself but I can't see PRC9M7 flying. Nor can I see its Latin name. 

PRC9W2: common name? Latin name? Top Trees???? Can't see that.

If you don't take tags seriously, I'm afraid your ranking will sink very quickly never to recover. Your images won't be seen --> no sales.

Just trying to be helpful. Remedy it before you have too many images. Good luck!

Gen

Gen

I am still learning what I should and shouldn't tag on a post but I am taking it serious, I thought you had to add tags that would attract attract a linked attention,  I agree with PRC9W2 and the trees, this was an error but I dont understand what you mean by "common name? Latin name? Top Trees???? Can't see that."   ??

All advice is welcome as we all have to start somewhere.

Terry

Terry,

Tags should describe only what you see in the picture, what the customer is going to look for.

Here are Alamy's guidelines.

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/captions-and-keywords-for-images/?section=8

https://www.alamy.com/blog/tagging-images-on-alamy

For wildlife, you should always include the common name and the Latin name of the animal. Wild dear, wild deer or sheep won't cut it for Alamy. Which one? What its Latin name?

Also location: Richmond Park. Where is this? Alamy caters for the international market. There should be UK, England, Great-Britain, Europe. 

Also think about adjectives (British), plurals and phrases ("Crow standing on its back").

Analyse Alamy Measures which is a great tool to see what is looked for. Read the Forum which is full of excellent advice from friendly people potentially helping competitors.

Good luck!

Gen

18 hours ago, gvallee said:

Terry,

Tags should describe only what you see in the picture, what the customer is going to look for.

Here are Alamy's guidelines.

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/captions-and-keywords-for-images/?section=8

https://www.alamy.com/blog/tagging-images-on-alamy

For wildlife, you should always include the common name and the Latin name of the animal. Wild dear, wild deer or sheep won't cut it for Alamy. Which one? What its Latin name?

Also location: Richmond Park. Where is this? Alamy caters for the international market. There should be UK, England, Great-Britain, Europe. 

Also think about adjectives (British), plurals and phrases ("Crow standing on its back").

Analyse Alamy Measures which is a great tool to see what is looked for. Read the Forum which is full of excellent advice from friendly people potentially helping competitors.

Good luck!

Gen

Thanks Gen

The advice is very much appreciated, as a bit of a veteran on here would you be able to offer any advice on my first few pics, I do have concerns as I know they are no where near the quality of a lot on here but I am hoping to learn from them?

Tel

14 hours ago, FotoFinishMe said:

Thanks Gen

The advice is very much appreciated, as a bit of a veteran on here would you be able to offer any advice on my first few pics, I do have concerns as I know they are no where near the quality of a lot on here but I am hoping to learn from them?

Tel

The trick is to compare your images with those already on offer. If you feel that yours are better or slightly different, then upload.  

Check Alamy Measures to see if there is demand for them.

Also check the various threads in the forum to see what sells, such as Pictures sold in [month] and 'Have you found images' thread.

Look in books and magazines what is published.

Good luck.

Gen 

Archived