New flat lens technology

I have been following this tech company (Nexoptic) for a while now and they are just about ready to 

go to market with their first product. It's a kind of binocular but using a flat lens so it is a lot 

lighter. 2X to 10X zoom with capture.

https://nexoptic.com/sport-optics/

I would be interested in any comments from members here.

Rick

3 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Would need more technical details than what is given to come to any conclusions.

Allan

Definitely.

I will have to wait for the product to come out and then see if I can use

it for stock or just casual use.

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Would need more technical details than what is given to come to any conclusions.

Allan

Indeed but I suspect it is essentially a (tiny) sensor camera similar to a phone camera, especially with the long zoom range. Especially as they talk about video capture etc. If it is then you can get away with pretty simple lenses, perhaps with a fresnel lens front element/aperture. My guess is that it is more hype than new technology.

53 minutes ago, Martin P Wilson said:

Indeed but I suspect it is essentially a (tiny) sensor camera similar to a phone camera, especially with the long zoom range. Especially as they talk about video capture etc. If it is then you can get away with pretty simple lenses, perhaps with a fresnel lens front element/aperture. My guess is that it is more hype than new technology.

Thanks for your input.

But it's not a fresnel lens front. Blade Optics has its own patent so it can't be that.

This should be available for sale in early 2019. It will be interesting to check it out then.

Archived