i am still trying to understand the different kinds of licenses and what they can be used for. I sold a photo several months ago for presentation/newsletter use. I found it today in a blog on a commercial website (Airsorted.uk). Is that the appropriate license for such a use?

11 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Firstly contact CR to make sure the two are related. Don't be afraid to ask them about any doubts you have with sales as they'll usually get back pretty quickly with a definitive answer.

Ok, will do. It’s definitely the same photo, as couldn’t be easily replicated.

7 minutes ago, Sally said:

Ok, will do. It’s definitely the same photo, as couldn’t be easily replicated.

It could be an additional sale not yet reported, or as Alan says, an incorrect licence. They'll be the people that know

16 minutes ago, Avpics said:

It could be an additional sale not yet reported, or as Alan says, an incorrect licence. They'll be the people that know

It’s definitely worth, from time to time, reverse image searching all sales. I have found two that were sold as presentation uses in the last few months, but should have been something else eg website use, which attracts a higher fee. Already had a response from Alamy about another image that they say they will chase up.

If you had a presentation use on or around July 17th that appears on this page, eg Andy Calton JMB08F or Alan Wilson FCB703, then you may want to contact the contributors team, as the company may have purchased an incorrect license. 

https://www.airsorted.uk/blog/airsorted-teams-edinburgh-fringe-tips/

Archived