Hello from California!!

Felicia Deck

Hello! I just started uploading photos and want to say Hi!  I'm new here and would love and appreciate any tips or feedback. 

I have seen experienced members critiquing new members on their portfolios to help guide them accordingly.

I am wondering if someone might critique mine and be so kind to direct me on the right path.

I'll start reading the forums too, but if anyone has any words of wisdom, newbie mistakes to avoid, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you so much!!!,

Felicia

Hi Felicia, welcome to the forums! Think your photos look fine, but your captions are perhaps too limiting (Pogs! being an example).

Captions are highly relevant in searches, so giving these more thought will do wonders for your sales.

Watch your spelling too, you have captioned the New York Suerior Court rather than the Superior court.

Finally, tags, your thermometer shots  includes "grandchildren" and "toddler". I can understand why you've included these, but they aren't relevant to the picture - your tags should remain relevant to the image itself - irrelevant tagging will damage your ranking, which in turn will directly affect your sales. Keep uploading, and again, welcome to the forums!

What TeeCee said.

I would also put the location in some of your photos, like elk in the hills. Sometimes buyers are looking for specific locations for calendars and such.

Rick

I made the corrections you had pointed out and suggested to me and I will try to be better at proofing my spelling! So far I have found that the hardest part has been adding captions and tagging. I will try and keep the key wording more relevant to the picture so I don't get any negative rating, etc. Honestly, getting to 50 tags was really difficult so I may have to settle for less to keep it more relevant. Thanks again for your help!!!!

Felicia 

1 hour ago, Felicia Deck said:

Honestly, getting to 50 tags was really difficult so I may have to settle for less to keep it more relevant. Thanks again for your help!!!!

Yes, that's precisely what you should do. Forget about the 50 tags unless every one of them is relevant (see forum threads ad nauseam).

Alan

14 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

Yes, that's precisely what you should do. Forget about the 50 tags unless every one of them is relevant (see forum threads ad nauseam).

Alan

As Alan says, just as many as you can - relevant to the image.
Most people here have around 5% - 10% of their images with green "optimised discoverability".

8 hours ago, TeeCee said:

As Alan says, just as many as you can - relevant to the image.
Most people here have around 5% - 10% of their images with green "optimised discoverability".

He's right you know (said in Morgan Freeman"s voice).

Rick

Archived