Photos look cold on TV

We've just splurged money on a new personal video recorder - good for recording commercial stations and then blatting the adverts, I hate adverts - and this one comes with a USB connection to enable me to upload photos to the TV.  I tried it out and was disappointed to find that a lot of my shots are looking very cold on the TV, they look a good deal warmer on the three monitors and tablet that I have access to. Both the PVR and TV are by Panasonic. Any techno geeks out there who can comment on this?

I read somewhere that the default settings on T.V.'s and, computer screens for that matter, always default to the cooler side.  Apparently some MBA or engineer somewhere surveyed a bunch of people and they concluded that the majority of people like it that way.

I know our massive Samsung LCD T.V. came that way.  It took quite a bit of research to get the settings right.

Rick

ISTR my Panasonic PVR and TV allow different colour/contrast/saturation settings for each input source.  There's no obvious entry for each (there's just one set of settings), but after some experimentation it was clear the settings were applied to the currently selected input source independently and don't alter the settings for the other input sources.

Mark

22 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Thanks Mark, that's good as the normal TV picture is fine. I need to experiment.

Another setting to watch out for is the sharpening. ISTR my Panasonic TV (or was it my father's Sony TV) applied masses of sharpening by default when browsing photos on USB stick. Made them look awfully "gritty". I had to turn down the sharpening.

Mark

Archived