Live news headline and groups

Hi

I put two groups of photos up for live news yesterday carefully IPTC tagged with city (town), country etc. I did two groups because the location info and themes were different. Live news published them initually in the two groups then later merged them to one group. At the same time the tagging got altered so that the town names aren’t shown only the county. The single heading for the merged groups no longer makes sense because it says ‘xxx at Suffolk” rather than “xxx at Felixstowe, Suffolk”.

Live news have emailed me in the past when I failed to include a town name, now they’ve removed the town name. Anyone understand what’s going on? Different Alamy people with different views about how live news photos should be presented?

The removal of a name has happened to me a few times too.  It seems, as far as I can work out, that they only want one location name, not two. If I put Edinburgh, Scotland, they are likely to change to just to Edinburgh.  If I put in Aberlady, East Lothian, they are likely to change it to just East Lothian. I guess they know what their customers are likely to pay attention to.

3 hours ago, ACC said:

The single heading for the merged groups no longer makes sense because it says ‘xxx at Suffolk” rather than “xxx at Felixstowe, Suffolk”.

The headline reads "UK Weather: Sunny afternoon at Suffolk".....which is a fair summary of the whole set

km

48 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

The headline reads "UK Weather: Sunny afternoon at Suffolk".....which is a fair summary of the whole set

km

Yes I agree except you wouldn’t say “at Suffolk” you’d say “in Suffolk”.

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Hi Angela, I'm just across the other side of the Deben at Shottisham.

I'm very familiar with some of the places in your pictures. Just thought I'd say hello.

Ian

Hello Ian 😄. Love the Deben, have been at Martlesham Creek this afternoon. Never tire of the scenery.

2 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

The pics will, or will not, get used , regardless of whether the headline says 'in Suffolk' or 'at Suffolk'

forget it.

Move on

km

This is good advice. I’m moving on 😄.

2 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Change it then!

I mean add it into the caption

It’s the caption Alamy put up, I can’t change it otherwise I would have. Anyway, I’m taking RedSnapper’s advice and moving on. 

Thanks all for comments 😄.

12 minutes ago, ACC said:

It’s the caption Alamy put up, I can’t change it otherwise I would have. Anyway, I’m taking RedSnapper’s advice and moving on. 

Thanks all for comments 😄.

Keith's right of course, no-one's buying good grammar, more's the pity, but you can change it when it goes into stock. It would bug me as well, although because legacy images with over 50 tags are uneditable I now have some slightly iffy captions where I've had to just add a keyword at the end.

Archived