Is it okay to use Pixsy to chase down copyright infringement of shots sold on alamy then copied off say daily news or something or internet and used illegally (no payment). I have a lot !

Over a year ago i reported many to alamy with no results or replies. I used their proper form when it came a available too. I find a lot of yanks off the daily news and used by others with nothing for me out of it.

As above, check they haven't been licenced, but you may also have to remove them from Alamy whilst the infringement is pursued as they (Pixsy) do not charge the thieves a low price.

As above, check they haven't been licenced, but you may also have to remove them from Alamy whilst the infringement is pursued as they (Pixsy) do not charge the thieves a low price.

I have a few being chased by Pixsy at the moment. They will only chase commercial / profitable sites. They asked me to confirm with Alamy that no potential sales were showing for that image/ site. They did not ask me to remove the image from Alamy or elsewhere. So far impressed with their service but have not had any settled claims yet (only been using a couple of months).

Does anyone know if I can import images into Pixsy directly from Alamy or FAA?

I would think so, providing you can point them to a specific website address, ie your FAA own site or "your images at Alamy" page. I initially used my own website to import images, however it seemed a bit hit and miss. I did in the end write 500 pixel wide images and upload these to their site.

Also, just noted this on their website https://my.pixsy.com/profile/subscription, so yes you should be able to import from anywhere.

I would think so, providing you can point them to a specific website address, ie your FAA own site or "your images at Alamy" page. I initially used my own website to import images, however it seemed a bit hit and miss. I did in the end write 500 pixel wide images and upload these to their site.

OK good. Glad to see there is also manual upload route which I could use for images where I know there are some infringements to get the ball rolling.

However, joining Pixsy appears to be "by invitation only" at the moment due to high demand. I just got this back from them

"Thanks for signing up! Pixsy is currently invitation-only due to high demand, and we will invite you to create an account as soon as we can. We're sending out invitations in small batches every week". 

Just in the process of myking another claim at Pixsy. They have changed their info needed for the claim to add the following:

We searched the Internet and found your photo available on a stock agency website. Note that this may affect the amount of compensation we are able to claim, and many of our legal partners will not accept cases where the original image is currently listed on a stock website. We recommend delisting your image from microstock agencies so that we can argue for the best possible price.
  •  
  • Have you made this work available through Alamy?
    Yes, and it's still available.
    Yes, but it's no longer available.
    Yes, and I have verified it was not licensed to the infringer.
    I have never made this work available through Alamy.

If I select yes and still available I get the info Please contact your agency to determine if they have licensed the photo to the infringer. Once you submit your case, let us know what information they provide. Please understand we can not accept your case at this point.

OK good. Glad to see there is also manual upload route which I could use for images where I know there are some infringements to get the ball rolling.

However, joining Pixsy appears to be "by invitation only" at the moment due to high demand. I just got this back from them

"Thanks for signing up! Pixsy is currently invitation-only due to high demand, and we will invite you to create an account as soon as we can. We're sending out invitations in small batches every week".

I did get an invite from them, via my own website - they have a invite friends page- "Use the box below to invite your friends to Pixsy. We’ll send them an email with a unique access code to jump the wait list and join immediately",

don't know if it will do any good, but I can add your email if want to send it me in a private message

Archived