Backlit Windows and QC

Does anyone know if QC has a problem with small backlit windows -- ones that look like blobs of white light -- in photos of the interiors of houses, art galleries, etc.? These blown out areas can be almost impossible to avoid in some instances; but in my ongoing case of QC paranoia, I'm reluctant to submit images that have them.

Thanks in advance.

Shouldn't be a problem. Look for "room" and "interior" and you'll find plenty of pictures with overexposed windows. Most people don't bother to solve this problem.

Personally, I don't like the white blobs and always use a tripod for interior shots. It only takes a few seconds to take a second shot with your exposure concentrated on the light shining through the windows. At home, combine the best of both shots with Photoshop.

Cheers,

Philippe

Thanks, I did a search, and you are correct. There are plenty of images on Alamy with backlit/overexposed windows. Unfortunately, I didn't have a tripod handy for the shot I'm concerned with, and the rest of the room was quite gloomy. As usual, I'll just have to submit and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived