Hello from SoCal, USA

Hello world. I'm new here. I've been taking mostly nature shots since I started hiking the last 10 yrs or so, so I have lots of pix to upload. I only have a few up now but will continue to upload when I can. Any comments and critiques are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Welcome and good luck.

It would be a good idea to include people if possible in some of your very nice landscapes. Alamy is mainly an editorial agency.

Also, it's probably not wise to upload a lot of similar images -- e.g. flower pics.

Hello Jonna and welcome to Alamy. Since you're on here I'm assuming you already have an alamy account. There is 2 ways:

1.web based online upload - After logging in, at the top right corner should be a button that says 'my alamy'. Roll your mouse over it and a drop down menu comes up. Click on 'my dashboard'. From there is a blue button that says upload.  Click on that and follow the instructions.

2.ftp - With a ftp client you just enter the host name (upload.alamy.com), username/email, and password. After you're logged in, just drag and drop to the appropriate folder.

Your first upload needs to be exactly 3 pictures. After that you can upload as much as you want. The following is a link that probably covers this better than I described -

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/how-do-i-send-you-my-stock-images/

Good luck!

On 4/9/2018 at 03:24, andremichel said:

Welcome. Good start. Add as much variety of subjects as you can. 

Thanks. I mostly have nature and landscape pictures but I'm going to try to get out and take more variety.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:52, John Mitchell said:

Welcome and good luck.

It would be a good idea to include people if possible in some of your very nice landscapes. Alamy is mainly an editorial agency.

Also, it's probably not wise to upload a lot of similar images -- e.g. flower pics.

I do have some pictures with people, so I'll put those up for editorial use. As for the flowers, I was trying to get from different angles, but afterwards worried that it might be to much of the same thing. Thanks for the advice.

Archived