Finding images from older submissions / across submissions

hi all.

i've got to keywording images, after a sale spurred me on!

i have a set of 7 images that are on sale, and discovered a couple more from that batch / topic that i wanna add the already done tags (for the sale images), onto the not on sale ones.

how can i do this, i searched the forum and used the AND / OR boolean search terms as follows; i click on all submissions, then search, then put in the ref's (a space) and then AND (or) OR. it only seems to show me one of the not on sale images. eg my search term is "E6AEW9 and F59GC9" but it only shows up the first ref, even though both arent on sale yet.

i have a longer string of 16 ref's which shows up the first 7 (the ones on sale and optimized). any ideas on how i can add the tags from the optimized to the not on sale few, as they are the same subject and most tags will apply.

thanks

dan

14 minutes ago, skylineboy said:

hi all.

i've got to keywording images, after a sale spurred me on!

i have a set of 7 images that are on sale, and discovered a couple more from that batch / topic that i wanna add the already done tags (for the sale images), onto the not on sale ones.

how can i do this, i searched the forum and used the AND / OR boolean search terms as follows; i click on all submissions, then search, then put in the ref's (a space) and then AND (or) OR. it only seems to show me one of the not on sale images. eg my search term is "E6AEW9 and F59GC9" but it only shows up the first ref, even though both arent on sale yet.

i have a longer string of 16 ref's which shows up the first 7 (the ones on sale and optimized). any ideas on how i can add the tags from the optimized to the not on sale few, as they are the same subject and most tags will apply.

thanks

dan

Add at least five tags and a caption, plus tick the appropriate boxes, on the not on sale images. When on sale you can delete the tags on the images in question - select all in AIM plus a master image from which you want copy the tags by clicking on each and every tag.

Niels

31 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

Add at least five tags and a caption, plus tick the appropriate boxes, on the not on sale images. When on sale you can delete the tags on the images in question - select all plus a master image from which you want copy the tags by clicking on each tag.

Niels

that also doesnt seem to be working, will i need to wait for alamy's server refresh? the other images from older sub are optimized, the newer sub is orange and just "on sale", and using the "ref AND ref" doesnt show any.

2 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

Yes, you will have to wait for the server update. Now I remember that you are told that the images are on sale - but this is actually only after a server update.

ahh that explains it then! im sure it will work once thats done. i'll leave it 24 hours and report back after trying, thanks for your help.

2 minutes ago, skylineboy said:

ahh that explains it then! im sure it will work once thats done. i'll leave it 24 hours and report back after trying, thanks for your help.

You are welcome.

Should be all right tomorrow before noon.

5 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Just to clarify, only OR seems to work as a Boolean. AND doesn't. AS Niels says the Image Manager uses the Alamy database search, so images not on sale don't appear.

ahh, i had a document with the refs in to try today etc, and i written them out as OR.. so left it at that, and then drew up a short list of AND ones, ill stick to OR now, and yes, the "on sale" label in AIM was annoying me not working till i realised a refresh at server level was needed!  thanks for the tips guys.

Archived