Relative Tags = Poor Discoverablity ; Optimized = Negative CTR

Good CTR. All that discoverability does is make your images seen more often, but if they're seen in the wrong searches there's no point. Only include keywords that are completely relevant to the image, regardless of the discoverability.

Alan

24 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

Good CTR. All that discoverability does is make your images seen more often, but if they're seen in the wrong searches there's no point. Only include keywords that are completely relevant to the image, regardless of the discoverability.

Alan

Thanks a lot, I am new to the stock Photography, and recently observed my CTR gone high with couple of zooms and now day by day going down, I have searched the forum and started to remove unnecessary tags from my photos so they only appear in wanted searches....

Thanks a lot for your response...

On 3/10/2018 at 14:44, GS-Images said:

As Alan said, ignore discoverability, it's more like a measure of how many irrelevant tags you have than how well your images will be found. I remain perplexed at why Alamy keep pushing this "feature" and confusing so many new contributors.

Also don't worry too much about CTR. Sales are what matter more. Concentrate on uploading your very best images and tag them relevantly, and think "out of the box", using words and phrases in tags and captions that not only describe the image, but describe what that image could illustrate.

Geoff.

Thanks Geoff,

For such a thorough answer. I am listening to all senior contributors and learning good stuff every day...

I will do the same, for the time being, focus on shooting good images and relevant tags...

Archived