Photographing small objects, lighting kit advice

LR is more than adequate for studio PP where you have control over lighting. You can blow out backgrounds, with care, with the exposure brush. But a calibrated monitor is essential if you expect to remove white backgrounds. Without one you have no idea what anyone else is seeing. I find Windows calibration adequate (Win7) but there are freeware calibrators if you're still in XP.

17 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

LR is more than adequate for studio PP where you have control over lighting. You can blow out backgrounds, with care, with the exposure brush. But a calibrated monitor is essential if you expect to remove white backgrounds. Without one you have no idea what anyone else is seeing. I find Windows calibration adequate (Win7) but there are freeware calibrators if you're still in XP.

I will try that then thanks. It's been 30 years since I was a 4 years photo student working in the studio with Bowens lighting. In fact I still have a pair in the loft but too cumbersome to use and not sure if they still work.

Archived