Sale E-Mail notification feature request

Andyman

Would be great to have a simple E-Mail notification-feature each time a sale has been made. It can be simple, just a collected text-mail without all the details of the sale. Possible?

Guest geogphotos

Would be great to have a simple E-Mail notification-feature each time a sale has been made. It can be simple, just a collected text-mail without all the details of the sale. Possible?

Isn't it possible to do this for yourself by setting up an alert when there is a change to a webpage? I don't know how to do it myself but did hear years back about this being done.

Isn't it possible to do this for yourself by setting up an alert when there is a change to a webpage? I don't know how to do it myself but did hear years back about this being done.

There are online services for this, yes, but only for publicly accessible pages. They will not be able to access the secure area (thank goodness!) in which your sales are listed.

Guest geogphotos

There are online services for this, yes, but only for publicly accessible pages. They will not be able to access the secure area (thank goodness!) in which your sales are listed.

I definitely don't know enough to contradict you.

But I do remember a story about an SAA meeting about 10 years ago when one person was getting regular beeps on phone or laptop to inform of new sales. 

Maybe not the worst idea for people who have occasional sales but what about those who have multiple sales a day? 

I sometimes upload images more than once a day and find the email confirmation always lags way behind the time my images are ready to be keyworded.

If such a practice was implemented I hope there'd be a way to opt-out. Opting out of QC confirmation wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Also, if you're using Lightroom with the Alamy Plug-In, you can set it to check your Alamy balance each time you start Lightroom.

Archived