Sharp in Capture One vs Sharp in Adobe Bridge

Hi folks:

When I check my images at 100% in Capture One, they look really sharp, but when I examine the same images in Bridge, they look far less sharp. Which one should I take more seriously? Is this a flaw in one or another software packages? Are there people who are uploading to Alamy from Capture One without re-checking their files in another program?

Are there people who are uploading to Alamy from Capture One without re-checking their files in another program?

I have been using Capture 1 since version 1 and have never checked the results for shaprness in other software. I used to get rid of dust in PS but now I do even that in C 1 Pro. After keywording and rating/selecting in PhotoMechanic I currently convert Canon 1Ds3, G1X (no more since I gave it to my daughter) and Fuji X-E1 files and then upload straight to Alamy (and other agencies) with 100% acceptance.

I stick with the Capture One image and have done so from version one. However, I do find that dust spotting is far more identifiable in Lightroom for some reason. I can run an image through both C1 and CS6 and see nothing whereas dust bunnies jump out in LR.

Strange stuff this software at times.

I stick with the Capture One image and have done so from version one. However, I do find that dust spotting is far more identifiable in Lightroom for some reason. I can run an image through both C1 and CS6 and see nothing whereas dust bunnies jump out in LR.

Strange stuff this software at times.

That has been my concern but I HATE how LR sorts keywords alphabetically and tells my there is nothing in the IPTC standard about keyword order. WELL LEAVE IT ALONE THEN!

Hi folks:

When I check my images at 100% in Capture One, they look really sharp, but when I examine the same images in Bridge, they look far less sharp. Which one should I take more seriously? Is this a flaw in one or another software packages? Are there people who are uploading to Alamy from Capture One without re-checking their files in another program?

C1. I used to double check LR files in PS but since moving to C1 Pro I only use this for my editing.

Archived