What the heck? Junk pseudo

My junk pseudo has the highest CTR today. 1.27. :D Now you know why I haven't deleted those.

Goes to show my judgment is worthless.

That goes along with some sales previously of images of what I considered my lower tier images. You never know what someone else thinks is "the" perfect image.

Betty

The advice I read years ago was that the photographer has no idea what use will be made of the photo, and hence doesn't know how well it meets the buyer's needs.   I once licensed a photograph of a running pronghorn for use by an artist for a postage stamp.  It happened to be a good photo both technically and otherwise, but if I had seen that stamp without being told that it was from my photo I wouldn't have recognized it.  In this case, technical quality was not a major requirement to the buyer.  Likewise, I had an image of mine truck licensed by Alamy that was so modified that the buyer was really only using the concept and not the photo.

The advice I read gave as an example a photograph of a person that had been licensed only for the folded hands on the person's lap.  The overall photo may not have been that great, but evidently the hands were.

And I suppose it's always possible that they were buying a photo for use in a what not to do article.

Robert

I have a scenic landscape I took on the Talimena scenic drive during autumn. The details were way underexposed because I shot against the sun but exposed for the sky.

I teased that photo like mad, using layers to lighten the foreground while keeping the sky the same. The color is not good.

I just couldn't seem to let it go.

It's horrible by my standards but has sold and still gets zoomed. I cringe every time someone buys it. But as long as it is sought, I'll hang on and cringe.

I've been waiting to take that drive again, but each year the foliage has not been good because of drought. It's an all-day drive. The entrance is several hours away, then hours spent shooting there. If I ever get back, I'll replace that d*** photo. And sleep better.

I doubt it will happen, though. We're planning a move 3 hours north, 3 hours farther away from that Scenic Byway in the next 6 months. We should be settled in Kansas before autumn. :( it's not a move I want, but one that will give me the help I need for a family member from other family. Before I break under the stress.

Ya do what you gotta do in this life.

Betty

Archived