What Geoff has said is correct.  

For anyone who wants to use Manage Images on an iOS device, I've managed to do it in the past using the Puffin browser.  It doesn't always work, however, and not all internet service providers allow it.

If you don't have a computer, then yes, you will need one for the main Alamy collection.  Otherwise, you'll need an iOS device for Stockimo.

It's always refreshing to find anyone who can manage to scrape along without a computer in this day & age. But frankly, photography and in particular Alamy stock photography isn't where this is really possible. How do you propose to process your digital camera output? (camera jpegs only?) How are you going to check detail at 100% to get through Alamy Quality Control?

If you can't or wont adjust your images according to the guidelines, you will fail, even if you manage to get lucky with your first 4 and get them accepted which is very unlikely, reality will soon kick in.

So, yes, you really are stuck with Stockimo. Grab an iphone (note, not an android device) and get stuck in. Good luck with that!

I could install Flash to upload my portfolio. However will alamy still using Flash in one or two years because I am not willing to install a security backdoor just for alamy.

I could install Flash to upload my portfolio. However will alamy still using Flash in one or two years because I am not willing to install a security backdoor just for alamy.

You could upload and keyword without installing flash player by using Chrome browser. It's what I use, has always worked, and has caused no problems.

You could upload and keyword without installing flash player by using Chrome browser. It's what I use, has always worked, and has caused no problems.

Does this use the old method of keywording that doesn't require Flash? Whatever browser you have, you still need Adobe Flash. There was a thread recently about how some contributors still have access to the old system that doesn't use Flash, but I certainly don't have access and I doubt any new contributors would either.

Geoff.

Chrome has a Google flash emulator built in. You don't have to install Adobe Flash. Chrome also auto updates on opening (I think) so there are no Flash Player out of date problems. As I say, it works, and I haven't installed Flash in any of my last three computers.

Chrome has a Google flash emulator built in. You don't have to install Adobe Flash. Chrome also auto updates on opening (I think) so there are no Flash Player out of date problems. As I say, it works, and I haven't installed Flash in any of my last three computers.

What Chrome uses is Flash. Right-click on a page in Chrome and you get the same menu as you do in any other Flash installation.

What Chrome uses is Flash. Right-click on a page in Chrome and you get the same menu as you do in any other Flash installation.

Fair enough. I'm not an expert. But if you only use Chrome for Alamy, would there be any vulnerabilities?

Archived