Sun + will online image values rise - some hope !

The Sun newspaper today announces that its online website will become a 'paid for' item - just a couple of quid a week....

Anyone here expecting the follow-on effect of other online sites (several serious titles already are 'paid for') to trigger the editorial rates for online content to increase ?

The original bleat was that all online newspaper sites were being run at a loss so they just could not afford to pay a reasonable rate - the kind hearted agencies/libraries were quick to cut eachother's throats to provide silly rates - hope they will be watching developments and renegotiating furiously !

Experience should tell you that rates always go down but never up.

The current arrangements took into consideration the 'dire' circumstances of newspapers - those circumstances are now changing as they make a profit from online versions - do you not think that we have carried them for long enough ?

You are right Alex - to a point - but I HAVE seen rates rise when circumstances have changed - glass half-full  (Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is my choice from your neck of the woods) - currently enjoying a nightly tot courtesy of happy client !!!

Experience should tell you that rates always go down but never up.

The current arrangements took into consideration the 'dire' circumstances of newspapers - those circumstances are now changing as they make a profit from online versions - do you not think that we have carried them for long enough ?

You are right Alex - to a point - but I HAVE seen rates rise when circumstances have changed - glass half-full  (Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is my choice from your neck of the woods) - currently enjoying a nightly tot courtesy of happy client !!!

Lets hope they do raise the rates but I won't be holding my breath :)

I withdrew from the newspaper scheme after I saw some other contributor's net payments from it. Another agency I use for live news and celebrity images has entered into an agreement with Mail Online for around £15 an image so I've stopped sending to them at the moment too.

It's just not worth it at those rates but I know that I won't get stuff used ahead of the people who are willing to sell at those prices.

I'll have a wee dram tonight too so we can have a virtual pub gathering :D

Alex quote:

All are welcome to join in - pulling the cork at 9.45pm (GMT - hope that is not a bit early for Dusty Dingo and his mates !)

Alex quote:

All are welcome to join in - pulling the cork at 9.45pm (GMT - hope that is not a bit early for Dusty Dingo and his mates !)

Nah, I often set the alarm for 4:45am to get out of bed in the middle of winter to splash a few glasses of woobla down . . . but I just might pass this time . . .

dd

Er....Bottoms up matey !

Wouldn'y mind a translation sometime of this traditional (so I'm told) toast:

May the best you’ve ever seen
Be the worst you’ll ever see;
May a moose ne’er leave yer girnal
Wi’ a teardrop in his e’e.
May ye aye keep hale and hearty
Till ye’re auld enough tae dee,
May ye aye be just as happy
As I wish ye aye tae be.

I suppose this could be deemed to be off topic.......

May the best you’ve ever seen
Be the worst you’ll ever see;

Pretty much speaks for itself I think.

May a moose ne’er leave yer girnal
Wi’ a teardrop in his e’e.

May a mouse never leave your cupboard with a teardrop in it's eye

Means it hopes your food cupboard is never empty

May ye aye keep hale and hearty
Till ye’re auld enough tae dee,

May you always keep healthy until you're old enough to die

May ye aye be just as happy
As I wish ye aye tae be.