Restricting the 'Presentation' Type of Sale?

I can't figure out how to restrict the 'presentation' type of sale. The options in the drop down window do not clearly match with the actual restrictions, so it is very confusing. The 'Personal' option is clear, but I can't seem to figure out how to restrict 'Presentation'.

I asked this same question in February and did not get any answer that worked. I still want to figure this out. This would apply to a small subset of my photos.

thanks

Ok, I finally figured it out, after MUCH testing.

In order to restrict the "Presentation" format of licensing, you need to use two different options in the drop-down menus within the restrictions options, like this:

1). Select "Usage: Commercial Electronic" then add it

2). Select "Media Type: Commercial Presentation" then add it

Only by using both of these in combination will the quick-buy option for "presentation" be restricted. Also, there are plenty of other options remaining within the choose-your-own inventory.

I wanted to be able to restriction "personal" and "presentations" simultaneously on a small set of images, and now I know. Alamy certainly doesn't make it easy or intuitive.

One other thing I just noticed -- if you batch-select a group of images and add restrictions first, then add keywords, your restrictions will mysteriously drop off.

>>>You must add restrictions LAST or they will not stick

Very strange, and perhaps an error in the coding, definitely makes it harder to figure out

Yes - aware of that. It shoudn't happen so presumably a bug. Basically whenever you batch edit or make changes you need to reapply all restrictions for the files.

Ok, I finally figured it out, after MUCH testing.

In order to restrict the "Presentation" format of licensing, you need to use two different options in the drop-down menus within the restrictions options, like this:

1). Select "Usage: Commercial Electronic" then add it

2). Select "Media Type: Commercial Presentation" then add it

Only by using both of these in combination will the quick-buy option for "presentation" be restricted. Also, there are plenty of other options remaining within the choose-your-own inventory.

I wanted to be able to restriction "personal" and "presentations" simultaneously on a small set of images, and now I know. Alamy certainly doesn't make it easy or intuitive.

I applied this to a few images to see what would happen and they get additional, undesirable restrictions so unfortunately this doesn't really work.

Archived