If anyone is interested, next March, (close to my 70th. birthday), a major retrospective exhibition of my work will open and be shown for three months at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth. It will feature my work from across six decades in addition to new work I am making now.

I have had support in the form of a grant from the Arts Council of Wales to make the new work and commercial sponsorship from Silverprint.co.uk, (B&W materials) and from Jigsaw24.com, (a new iMac). 

I point all this out just to demonstrate that there is a great and lucrative photographic life apart from 'commercial' and stock photography. I have been working practically non-stop over recent months, reprinting older work for both the forthcoming exhibition and to fulfill orders for prints. Also busy making new work and this is also selling well, so it's not all about 'vintage' work, although at my age and long career a lot of it obviously is!

Hopefully some will be enthused and maybe explore different avenues for their work. There's a lot of talent here so be encouraged.

Obviously an open invite to all who might want to see the show and I will keypad informed.

If anyone is interested, next March, (close to my 70th. birthday), a major retrospective exhibition of my work will open and be shown for three months at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth. It will feature my work from across six decades in addition to new work I am making now.

I have had support in the form of a grant from the Arts Council of Wales to make the new work and commercial sponsorship from Silverprint.co.uk, (B&W materials) and from Jigsaw24.com, (a new iMac). 

I point all this out just to demonstrate that there is a great and lucrative photographic life apart from 'commercial' and stock photography. I have been working practically non-stop over recent months, reprinting older work for both the forthcoming exhibition and to fulfill orders for prints. Also busy making new work and this is also selling well, so it's not all about 'vintage' work, although at my age and long career a lot of it obviously is!

Hopefully some will be enthused and maybe explore different avenues for their work. There's a lot of talent here so be encouraged.

Obviously an open invite to all who might want to see the show and I will keypad informed.

???

Allan

Ah, what a mistype! My new iMac anticipates - wrongly - what I mean to say! "will keep you informed" is what was in my head!

Thank you. :)

I thought it might have been the spellchecker. I spend more time correcting spelling mistakes by that program than any of my own, which is down to poor keyboard skills. ;)

Allan

Thanks to all for the good wishes. Although I have had many, many exhibitions worldwide it's a huge task review nearly 60 years worth of work, edit and reprint a large number of images plus make new work and obtain funding and sponsorship. However, it's exciting to rediscover older work and to embark on new projects. The very fact that it's still exciting as my threescore and ten draws nigh is a testament to a love of photography. I'm also lucky that I am still fit enough to lug a 10" x 8" camera around! Or maybe I'm fit because I lug a 10" x 8" around. Who needs gym membership?

Archived