Can I upload car photos without "camouflaging" the brand?

I did a few brand specific search and got lots of hits.

So it seems car photos can be uploaded without any restrictions, or am I wrong?

Thanks.

You can upload any brands (not restricted to just cars) for Editorial use and they will have an RM license.

When keywording you images to the 'doe the image contain property' question, the answer is 'YES' (the branding is the property) and to the 'do you have a property release' question, the answer is 'NO'. And it will then impose an RM license for you.

It's not just the badging, The shape (and silhouette) is the car companies intellectual property as well  (think 911), best off ticking the does the image contain property box and going RM instead of RF, fine for editorial sales.

If you see cars used in non manufacturers TV ads (RAC/AA car insurances etc etc) they normally use a now out of production model with the grill and wheels changed to disguise the brand.

I photograph at a lot of car shows and make them all RM.  Remember to add keywords for the vehicle, Chevrolet, Chevy, Corvette, Stingray, Gran Sport, and such.  I also photograph the engines also and try to give as much info about them as I can.

Archived