As alamy also give you the average CTR for all of alamy it gives you an indication of how you compare with other contributors i.e. is your average CTR better or worse than the average for all of Alamy.  If its worse then maybe you need to look at your keywords etc.

I guess you can also compare the CTR for individual pseudos with the Alamy average and see if any pseudos could be improved or discarded. If, for example you have a very badly performing pseudo with a very low CTR then this will drag your average down maybe giving an unrealistic average.

Regen

Average CTR does appear to be the total (sum) CTR of all pseudos divided by the number of pseudos.

That does appear to be the case.

I have only two pseudos, and my "average CTR" is almost always higher than the Alamy average. I imagine that the more pseudos you have, the lower your average CTR will be. Curiously, my main pseudo, which generates almost all of my sales and views, consistently has a higher CTR than my secondary pseudo, so I'm not sure how useful a comparison tool average CTR really is (in my case anyway).

Archived