How many time does it get to make sales?

There are numerous other threads on this subject, but reoccurring factors with regards to making sales are:

• Time -  You have to be patient.. an image might be spotted today and actually used in 6 months time.
  • Quantity - the more images you have, the more likely you are to have an image which matches what someone is looking for.
  • Quality - having lots of images alone doesn't help.. they have to be as good as or better than what is already available else your ranking will drop and your images wont be seen
  • Uniqueness - how unique is your image. Are there 40,000 other images of the same subject or just a handful.
  • Breadth - the more subjects you can cover, the better

Matt's reply is spot on.

Look, I don't normally comment on other contributor's images, but I have to say that I cannot understand how the first image in your portfolio (bell in tree) ever passed QC. I think you need to look at the competition here and spend some time working on your technique, and becoming ruthless in self-criticism before you submit.

Archived