Blurry uploaded Stockimo image

Hi, I've uploaded 2 images to Stockimo via an iPad mini but the uploaded photos, although sharp on my phone and in Camera Roll on the iPad, they look very blurry and pixelated when I check in my activity on the app.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong when uploading. I uploaded the 1st photo several months ago and I don't remember it being blurry but is now. It failed with a score of 2.

When the second photo was transferred to my computer via dropbox it was sharp and is 3.3mb, 3914 x 2202 at 72 ppi.

Carole

First off, make sure that you always upload to Stockimo from your Camera Roll and never from My Photo Stream. The duplicate photos kept on My Photo Stream are intentionally downsized. Also, the view on the App also intentionally downsize your submitted photos. What the judges and buyers see are the original submitted full size, but the Activity tab is always a smaller 'preview' size. 

First off, make sure that you always upload to Stockimo from your Camera Roll and never from My Photo Stream. The duplicate photos kept on My Photo Stream are intentionally downsized. Also, the view on the App also intentionally downsize your submitted photos. What the judges and buyers see are the original submitted full size, but the Activity tab is always a smaller 'preview' size.

I just learned something new. Thank you, Lisa. I'm sure I have chosen from My Photo Stream in the past. I never knew there was a difference. No wonder they failed.

Many thanks for your answers Lisa and Betty, I think I uploaded from Camera Roll but will make sure I do so in future. Its good to know the view I'm seeing isn't the one Alamy are seeing. iPad and Stockimo are new so it's a learning curve for me.

At the moment it's telling me I uploaded 28 minutes ago - actually uploaded last night!

Thanks again for your help.

Carole

as Lisa says, the activity tab shows a low resolution preview, hence appearing pixellated on the app. As long as you're uploading from the camera roll at the maximum jpg size it will be correct.

It's also worth checking the settings in any processing app you use to check that the processed image is exported to the camera roll at the highest resolution before uploading it to stockimo.

ann

From Apple.com:

What resolution are My Photo Stream photos?

On a Mac or PC, your photos are downloaded and stored in full resolution. On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV, your photos are delivered in a device-optimized resolution that speeds downloads and saves storage space. 

Archived