Zoomed infringement

Its not really a commercial usage they are inviting people to meet up to play tennis for free. I would send a bill for £15 pointing out that is not free usage even if its free tennis.

I agree, £15 sounds about right. Even though it is tennis for free, the originator of the ad could easily have taken a photo themselves (they must play tennis there) and uploaded it instead of ripping off somebody else's work.

Image removed with an apology from the poster. Looks like a google image find and I'm not going to stress about this since this was not a commercial use.

The zoom was most likely coincidental, so fingers crossed my image will be on the front cover of the upcoming 'Tennis Courts of Cambridge' publication.

David

alls well that ends well.

least apologised.

and yes, ebay did buy gumtree, so share the same hosting servers.

itd be interesting to know if an image was found on xxxxxx company, but they had used amazons AWS (amazon hosting service), who would be responsible? could amazon be jointly?

FYI, AWS host content for some really big names, and most of their income for past few years comes from this, not selling on amazon.com etc as u may expect!

Archived