Fuji XT-1 Question.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the following, is it a problem or am i going mad and just haven't noticed it before.

I think the problem wasn't there before i upgraded the firmware to 4.00 on the day that it came out, anyway when I look through the viewfinder in portrait mode can see the following at the finder shutter speed, aperture iso and battery level but when i use the camera in landscape mode most of the writing at the bottom of the viewfinder is covered by something black and i can barley see the top of it which is a pain if you are using a 55-200 or something that doesn't have the apertures on the ring or if you want to see what iso you are on without taking your eye from the viewfinder...so am I imagining it or has it always been like it...

other than that a perfect little camera, love the way it uploads to ipad wireless .. still wouldn't get rid of my nikons... but you would also have to chop my arm off to get the fuji away from me as well.

Thanks,Steve. 

My X-T1 is fine and I am using latest firmware. I have the speed/aperture bar fully visible on both views.

+1.... no change for me in terms of the display!
I am beginning to wonder if the firmware was corrupt when I installed it and are wondering if I can re download it and re install it .. Or just wait to see what Fuji has to say on the matter...bye the way Duncan I went out and purchased a 13 inch MacBook Pro with 8 gig ram 2.8 I5 turbo boost up to 3.3 GHz 512 flash drive. I chose the 13 inch as I wanted something smaller than my existing 15 inch windows Lappy for ease of carrying about... Really pleased with, it handles Lightroom and pscc no problem and starts up with the blink of an eye.. ( my other macs were not like this, then technology has come on in the last ten years ) I will probably either get a 27 inch iMac I the future or maybe a Mac Pro ( I know it is over gunned for what I need, but why not and it is a thing of beauty )

Another quick question.. I use the remote app for downloading images from my XT-1 to my iPad, has anyone got it to work with a Mac ?.

Thanks, Steve.

I think technically there is a way to run iPad apps on a mac but, I'm not sure if it will manage the wifi connection and connect to the camera. I know I had issues with the android app (running through an emulator) when trying the same thing. It would run ok, just not connect to the camera.

Glad your enjoying the macbook pro, lovely laptops. The Mac Pro is something else mind you, they do look stunning!!!

My X-T1 is fine and I am using latest firmware. I have the speed/aperture bar fully visible on both views.

+1.... no change for me in terms of the display!
I am beginning to wonder if the firmware was corrupt when I installed it and are wondering if I can re download it and re install it .. Or just wait to see what Fuji has to say on the matter...bye the way Duncan I went out and purchased a 13 inch MacBook Pro with 8 gig ram 2.8 I5 turbo boost up to 3.3 GHz 512 flash drive. I chose the 13 inch as I wanted something smaller than my existing 15 inch windows Lappy for ease of carrying about... Really pleased with, it handles Lightroom and pscc no problem and starts up with the blink of an eye.. ( my other macs were not like this, then technology has come on in the last ten years ) I will probably either get a 27 inch iMac I the future or maybe a Mac Pro ( I know it is over gunned for what I need, but why not and it is a thing of beauty )

Another quick question.. I use the remote app for downloading images from my XT-1 to my iPad, has anyone got it to work with a Mac ?.

Thanks, Steve.

You can do tethered shooting with Lightroom I believe(not tried it). 

As for running iPad apps on a MAC, not figured that out.

Archived