Do you have an upload goal?

(Very odd - don't know why that happens sometimes - type a response and post and it comes up blank  :( )

Anyhow, I have a backlog of 100s of images I am trying to blow through, so I also try and set a goal of 100 images a week, but don't often achieve it.  Sometimes, it depends upon the weather - it is raining a miserable at the moment, so I have locked myself away to try and get as much processing / keyboarding done as possible.  

First goal was 1000 images. Achieved. Then it was to submit what I thought were good images on a regular basis. Life intervened and personal injury and health issues have slowed the process somewhat.

Have started again and going slow and steady. Agree wholeheartedly with other responders about selective uploading of images.

Krisken

My next goal is to reach 1,000 images by the end of the year, which means about 50 a month. I've been averaging two sales a month lately so hoping that if I add some more places and variety it will bump me up to three a month once I hit my goal. I've built my portfolio more slowly than I'd like, and am in awe of how many image some people have on here. 

I had abandoned upload goals for quite a while, and didn't grow my portfolio much at all. I think that goals are a good way to make sure that I'm building my portfolio steadily. I was discouraged when I saw my RPD dwindle over the last few years, so I gave up on trying to build my portfolio, but sales have been pretty steady this year, my average license this year has been around $75 (vs. $40 the last couple of years), and this month one of my images was licensed for $400, so I'm feeling more positive that the effort will be rewarded. 

My next goal is to reach 1,000 images by the end of the year, which means about 50 a month. I've been averaging two sales a month lately....

Two sales a month of approx 750 images is good going. I've just looked at your portfolio and you have some really nice images.

Michael

My next goal is to reach 1,000 images by the end of the year, which means about 50 a month. I've been averaging two sales a month lately....

Two sales a month of approx 750 images is good going. I've just looked at your portfolio and you have some really nice images.

Michael

Thanks so much Michael!

Looks like you have a strong editorial portfolio. Nice work!

I was gung-ho uploaded 21 images in two batches earlier this week. Those with shallow DOF passed but the second batch landed me in the sin bin for the first time in two years. Bummed because I have a large number of images that I was ready to upload. They rejected one that I licensed directly to a very large calendar company which the company is using cropped and upsized so no clue where it was soft and out of focus. Oh well, next month I guess. Waiting a month is really a pain. 

Archived