While innocently searching...

For a tutorial explaining how to upload images from a memory card to an iPad, I came across a site called dummies.com. It did explain what I wanted then went on to say:

Saving photos from the Web

The Web offers a wealth of images that you can download to your Photo Library on the iPad. The built-in Safari browser makes it simple to save any image you come across to your iPad. (Of course, you should be careful not to violate copyrights when grabbing pictures online).

Several search engines have advanced search features that allow you to only search for non-licensed images, meaning, at least theoretically, you don't have to pay for the images. But it's always a good idea to get written permission to use an image, especially if you intend to use it to make money (as with a company brochure or online course).

Follow these steps to save images from the Web:

Open Safari and navigate to the Web page containing the image you want.

Press and hold the image.

A dialog pops up and asks what you want to do.

image1.jpg

Tap Save Image.

Don't you just love it when "dummies" teach everyone how to steal images? Do you think anyone is going to ask if it is ok? If you believe so, I'll take you on a jackalope hunt.

Betty

Hi Betty - not sure if this is relevant to the quality control and technical forum so it's being locked.

Please remember to try and stay on topic as it makes things easier to browse for everyone.

Thanks

Alamy

Archived