Infringements

geofk

It was nice to see a bit of additional sales revenue described as "Infringement; web use XXXXXXX" on my account this month . Well done Alamy for spotting this and following it up.

Nice to read! Things moving with good direction as I can see...

Now I wonder (1) who is tracking our images (we - artists used to do it by ourselves) and (2) if the pricing is standard or with some kind of compensation for unreported usage like it works outside?

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, today I got email from Alamy that they found my image somewhere and asking what option I choose - self claim or their help. Good to know it's on track and good to know I can use A's help in case :)

I just wish I knew more details how it works behind the scenes :)

Not quite that simple. I have over 50 infringements across the world on one image - it was used in Mexico, USA, UK, Poland, Cyprus, Russia, Middle East, India and Australia. Alamy have been jacking up their vigilance and action of late but their enforcement teams can only work in parts of Europe and the USA. The others  have to be chased up by the photographers themselves. Now I have to learn Spanish, Russian, Greek, Hindi and Arabic to read the replies I'm getting.

Archived