New picture found question

Having just checked my `daily` pictures sold tab, i see a new sale. Do the usual right click search through Google and I see the same photo being used on 5 different online websites.

Is it then normal for the same sale to go through as many channels this quickly ?

One sale but being used on several sites but all for the same selling fee !

Any thoughts people ?

Thanks

Adrian

They are infringements. The Mail particularly is ripped off within hours of publication. You will get about $3. Welcome to the newspaper scheme.

Thanks Spacecadet. 29 big ones this time.

But am curious then and i will email Alamy today,  if these are infringements who goes after the companies for using this photograph ?

Me or Alamy ?

The last picture I had in the Mail is showing up in a round a dozen story-scraper type sites with the article attached in full. Names like:

NigeriaDailyNews
Georgianewsdaily

Detroitnewstime

capitalbay

The whole basis of these sites seems to be lifting newspaper articles in their entirety. I don't know if they have any relationship with the papers involved or whether or not it is legal, but I have never bothered going after them.

The last picture I had in the Mail is showing up in a round a dozen story-scraper type sites with the article attached in full. Names like:

NigeriaDailyNews

Georgianewsdaily

Detroitnewstime

capitalbay

The whole basis of these sites seems to be lifting newspaper articles in their entirety. I don't know if they have any relationship with the papers involved or whether or not it is legal, but I have never bothered going after them.

+1. I doubt they're connected.

Interestingly my most scraped image is of a skyscraper.

Fair play had a reply instantly from Alamy.

My picture was sold to none of the other websites.

They will look into it.

Def from here only also as Alamy is my only Stock Agency now.

Archived