DxO Optics Pro 8 tutorials

I've been experimenting with DxO Optics Pro 8 to process RAW files from my Sony NEX cameras. The software is fairly intuitive to use and I'm very happy with the results so far. However, I would like to find some good online tutorials. Do any of you Optics Pro users have ones that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

John

I am a DxO user (and adorer) but am on v10 so I don't have any v8 links to recommend. I would say that if you do get on with it then think about paying for v10 as its way ahead of the old versions. Its high ISO noise reduction is excellent. 

Colin

John

I am a DxO user (and adorer) but am on v10 so I don't have any v8 links to recommend. I would say that if you do get on with it then think about paying for v10 as its way ahead of the old versions. Its high ISO noise reduction is excellent. 

Colin

Thanks for the replay, Colin. I'm currently playing around with the free version 8.5 that Dx0 gave away last month. Their lens modules for my Sony lenses do a great job on CA, etc. The  auto-processing settings produce very good results as well. I'd like to get into the program a bit more deeply before shelling out for an upgrade, though. Hence the question about recommended tutorials. I've found a few on the DxO website, and I'm checking those out for starters.

BTW, do you know if Optics Pro adds any default sharpening to imported RAW files? I've been trying to figure that out.

John

I don't think it adds any sharpening. In the 'develop' side, which they call 'customise' there is a set of sliders for applying unsharp mask as you convert your RAW, so I don't think they sneak any extra secret sharpening in. Probably 9000 of my 13000 images on alamy were done with DxO. The auto corrections are excellent, its been a very long time since I have seen any CA.

Colin

John

I don't think it adds any sharpening. In the 'develop' side, which they call 'customise' there is a set of sliders for applying unsharp mask as you convert your RAW, so I don't think they sneak any extra secret sharpening in. Probably 9000 of my 13000 images on alamy were done with DxO. The auto corrections are excellent, its been a very long time since I have seen any CA.

Colin

Thanks, Colin. Just sent you a PM.

Archived