PhotoShop CS6 Kitchens, I mean Upgrades - some may find this useful

Right. I'd assumed that Adobe had axed the upgrade path from CS5 to CS6 amongst all the CC kerfuffle a few weeks back.

Amazon, Wex et al all removed the upgrade packages from sale.

And searching for CS6 on the Adobe website, even to buy the software at full price just kept taking me to the Sign Up pages for CC. 

But having a look on Thom Hogan's site this morning, he provided a link that takes you direct to the Buy page on the Adobe UK website. And then if you click "Buy" but change the "I want to buy" bit from "Full" to "Upgrade", you can apparently get the upgrade for 188GBP. It seems that the upgrade path is either from  Photoshop CS5 or Acrobat X Suite - these are the only upgrade options offered.

And for you lot over the pond, Thom Hogan provides a US linky too.

Anyway, if this has been posted elsewhere on the forum, I apologise but I couldn't find anything referring to it.

And I've posted this because others may have assumed the same as I assumed.

Thank you, Russell. I wonder how close we are to the mysterious Cloud people having an auto-link to our bank accounts? 

We're about 10 years in to that as far as I can tell from my bank account...

And you're welcome, Ed.

Thank you, Russell. I wonder how close we are to the mysterious Cloud people having an auto-link to our bank accounts? 

And you're welcome, Ed.

I don't mean coming from us as our choice, Russell. I mean coming from Adobe and all the many other Cloud companies. 

And you're welcome, Ed.

I don't mean coming from us as our choice, Russell. I mean coming from Adobe and all the many other Cloud companies. 

Ah, I'd left out the winking smiley Ed.

On the other hand, I've never felt that "free will" had much to do with it once I'd committed to handing over two large and important limbs to Adobe all those years ago.

ETA - And yes, I suspect you're right that we'll soon be handing over our hard-earned to "the Cloud"...

Archived