Anyone tempted by this new incarnation of the X100.

I am.

Yes, it would be nice but I'm going to wait until the price starts coming down or pickup a X100s.

Can't justify buying a new one at the moment as I have just had a juggle around with my X gear. Sold the X-Pro1, 14mm & 18-135 and now have a 2nd X-T1 with the 10-24mm.

I wasn't really happy with the quality of the 18-135 (my version anyway) so rather than gathering dust, moved it on. I'll go to using the water proof cover for the lens if it's wet.

The 10-24 appears to be very, very good!

For me the X100s/t would be for high speed flash sync, silent operation so either version would do I guess! 

I won't be buying the X100T as the X-T1 goes in a small bag and I need to invest elsewhere. Like Duncan I will be rationalising my Fuji X outfit. I will probably get rid of my X-E1, 18-55 and 55-200 and just stick with my X-T1, 18-135 (passes QC ok, need to do a final evaluation though) and 10-24 as my travel, go anywhere kit. I am getting frustrated with the Fuji's AF speed now I am shooting more news; I have missed a few shots because of it. I might add a used 27mm pancake to slim it down for when I might have used a X100/S/T.

I will be revisiting Canon APS-C dslr with the loan of a 7D2 in November. I need a significantly lighter news/sport outfit than my 1Ds3 so that I can continue to carry a laptop. So that might well be where any monies for equipment will go.

I’d be more tempted if it used an NP-W126 battery instead of the NP-95. I already carry a (Wasabi) charger and four batteries, and to put an X100S or T in the bag would mean including a second charger/battery set. As Martin said, the 27mm looks like a good choice when something small is needed.

I won't be buying the X100T as the X-T1 goes in a small bag and I need to invest elsewhere. Like Duncan I will be rationalising my Fuji X outfit. I will probably get rid of my X-E1, 18-55 and 55-200 and just stick with my X-T1, 18-135 (passes QC ok, need to do a final evaluation though) and 10-24 as my travel, go anywhere kit. I am getting frustrated with the Fuji's AF speed now I am shooting more news; I have missed a few shots because of it. I might add a used 27mm pancake to slim it down for when I might have used a X100/S/T.

I will be revisiting Canon APS-C dslr with the loan of a 7D2 in November. I need a significantly lighter news/sport outfit than my 1Ds3 so that I can continue to carry a laptop. So that might well be where any monies for equipment will go.

Interesting Martin

AF speed does seem to be an issue for some subjects & conditions with Fuji. I am hovering on a decision regarding an X-T1 partly because of this. I have a  high opinion of the 18-55 and it lives on one of my x-bodies but although sharp have found the 55-200 very slow and was thinking of selling it. I return to my Nikon gear for "longer" and AF speed. Fuji will get there I'm sure but they are not there yet.I have the 27mm pancake but find I hardly ever use it......

Best Wishes

John

I have the X100S.  I carry it around quite a bit and have quite a few images in my port form it.  I'm not sure it's much of an upgrade.

What I am more eager to see is a firmware update for Classic Chrome.

I agree Ed but it looks good if you don't have an X100 series . it's another incremental upgrade. Fuji seem to be doing a lot with firmware upgrades. If I understand it correctly the X-T1 for instance will be upgraded via firmware to the "new" X-T1 Graphite later this year. The graphite being mainly a cosmetic exercise.

Nice - I had not heard of the update due out in December.  I agree a jump into the X100T would be a joy to experience (it was when I jumped into the X100S).

The XT-1 with Classic Chrome, and an updated auto focus area controller interface with the four buttons in the back will be very welcome.

Archived