Copyright law in Slovenia? I have an infringer there

Last I looked,Slovenia signed the Berne Convention.

A licensee of a major USA publisher stole one of my copyrighted photos and used it for 7 years.

I contacted the International branch of the US Publisher and they say,'it's not our publication.' yet on various doc's it shows they own the publisher over there and were able to have the photo removed.

I recently collected thousands from Japan and China on my own but the Slovnia  publication is ignoring my invoice.

I am looking for a lawyer over there.Anyone from that area know about copyright in Slovenia and have an intellectual property lawfirm attorney?

Thx!

L

I have had some C issues in Slo. that I needed an attorney to help me with. I we looked around but could find his official I-page nowhere. Seams that he is not in that kind of play anymore. Anyway, it proved that he was not as skilled on the mater as I expected.

Maybe you would find this useful : 

http://www.kpp.si/legal-practice-areas/intellectual-property/

Good luck

Ladi

Thanks for that. I am going to try and inform the publication I will turn them lose to every photog in the world to search their site for stolen issues.In addition,drag their USA parent company in.

Because,I think they are acting mighty sleazy at this point.

Did your lawyer take you on a contingency or want money up front?

I upped you one.Thx for the info!

L

He quoted 375 EUR fixed and if court would had to be involved then - well, all over again and  X multiplied. Not up front but he send the invoice afterwards.

Hes job proved to be just to send them a couple of emails and one registered letter. And I had to tel him what to write in the letters  :angry:

The infringer was the biggest daily "Delo". I did mistake and send them too soft invoice in the first. Then started the usual: "We'll give you a byline". I refereed back to the invoice. They give their proposal. I referred to the invoice again. After that they decided to ignore me.

But it ended well - I've got little more then the lawyer.

I had two more infringers over there. But it went smoothly with them. One even remember to pay a reuse before I reminded them. 

Go hard on them Linda, give them a lesson.

Ladi

• 3 weeks later...

I have had some C issues in Slo. that I needed an attorney to help me with. I we looked around but could find his official I-page nowhere. Seams that he is not in that kind of play anymore. Anyway, it proved that he was not as skilled on the mater as I expected.

Maybe you would find this useful : 

http://www.kpp.si/legal-practice-areas/intellectual-property/

Good luck

Ladi

I contacted that law firm and they said their fee is $100 per hour and usually takes 10 hours...Pretty steep for Slovenia don't you think? USA is many times more per hour...but Slovnia? And 10 hours?

Archived