Sign in to follow this  
Craig Yates

Beware if you delete a pseudonym

I have recently been juggling images around, creating and deleting pseudonyms. A batch i uploaded passed QC but did not appear in manage images.

I contacted Member services and the technical team explained that when we upload a batch it gets assigned to one of our pseudonyms and because i had 

deleted that particular pseudonym the batch had no where to go. The technical team had to manually assign the batch to another pseudonym.

Unfortunately this problem has continued and i now have 2 more uploads that have passed QC but not appeared in manage images.

So my learning from this is Not to delete any more pseudonyms.

PS I must add that The Alamy team are more than helpful when problems like this occur.

Regards

Craig

• Upvote 2

If you delete a pseudo you also loose historical info from Alamy measures.

For the upload issue I suspect the secret is to make sure that the default pseudonym still exists.

Edited by Martin P Wilson
  • Upvote 2

For the upload issue I suspect the secret is to make sure that the default pseudonym still exists.

Cheers Martin i have just checked and i had no pseudonym assigned as default so the answer could be you can delete a pseudonym but if it;s your default you have to assign another in it's place.

Regards

Craig

create again exactly the deleted pseu. . this not make appear the pics again? the computers are dumb :)