Nikon D300 new firmware update available

Some of you folk may have s/hand Nikon D300's or not have registered them - just for info this is from Nikon....

Dear Customer,

Our records show that you are a registered owner of a D300 Digital SLR camera. We would like to inform you that there is a new firmware update available for your camera.

This firmware update makes various changes to improve the operation of your camera. It is recommended that you update your cameras firmware to ensure that you have the latest improvements available for your product.

For further information and detailed instructions on how to download the firmware and update your camera visit the Nikon Support Centre.

We hope you continue to enjoy your camera.

Kind Regards,

NIKON EUROPE
Service and Support

As Vincent points out below it is a pretty limited update fot the better heeled (wealthier) operator !!!!

According to the Nikon Support page the update is only to add support for the 'AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR'.  Is there any point in updating if you don't have the lens (and at nearly $18,000 I won't be getting one anytime soon)?

Thanks for the heads-up. I bought mine new and I'm sure I registered it but no word here in the USA about the update. Maybe it will come. Of course I also don't expect to get a new and huge lens!!! I can't handle them even if I could afford one.

Paulette

According to the Nikon Support page the update is only to add support for the 'AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR'.  Is there any point in updating if you don't have the lens (and at nearly $18,000 I won't be getting one anytime soon)?

There are occasional, other, unannounced, under-the-radar fixes with firmware updates. Might be worth waiting a week or two and searching the interwebs for any issues or improvements and deciding then.

By the way, a similar update is available for the D700 and D3s (and maybe more).

ETA: I see that there's already a D700 firmware thread here.

Archived