A 986 Boxster it is.

The wing/spoiler gives it away.

PORSCHEBoxster-986--medium-2854_11.jpg

Built between 1996 and 2004.

The tail lights changed in 2002. My guess is this is the older version: 2002 or older.

So not a Spyder. They had a slightly different wing.

wim

Nope, not a Porsche. This is a lesser auto. I see the similarities . . . but look at the light cover, the orange and white parts. Not the same. I've gone back to carrying a little notebook with me, but too late to  help with this. 

Thanks, Wim.

14941d1311900613-97-04-oem-boxster-tail-

2002 Boxster

Lots of those lights on Ebay as well. The 2003 models have an all white upper part, maybe not in the US though (different rules).

As I said, that strip between the hood and the bumper is very peculiar. Try and look for something like it in any other car.

It is the Porsche's spoiler when it's retracted.

wim

(no I do not have one)

I don't have one either, sadly. Had an RX7 once. Great for down shifting on corners. 

Those lights--wow! I don't remember thinking it was a Porsche . . . but if it looks like a Porsche and blah blah blah . . . I'll call it a 2002 Porsche Boxster! Someone zoomed the shot today, and so I remembered that I had not keyworded the image correctly. And it was taken back in 2007. I don't remember what I shot yesterday. 

Many thanks.

Archived