Question for iPad users regarding Alamy's Manage Images

I finally broke down and treated myself to an iPad Mini with Retina display. I bought it for a few reasons; first I want to become comfortable using Apple products since I'm considering switching to a Mac for photo editing, second I wanted to play around with Stockimo and finally, I thought it would be nice if I could tag my images in Alamy's Manage Images using a tablet. 

It's going to be a while before I'm comfortable in the Apple environment but so far I've managed to set up a Stockimo account, transfer images from my Android phone and upload a couple pictures to Stockimo (and one was accepted, yeah!!).   

Next I tried to access Manage Images and of course got the flash message.  I searched the forum and found a discussion where it was recommended to use an App called Photon.  I bought it and loaded it onto the iPad but still no luck.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Lynn - are you able to get into Alamy via Photon and when you go to Manage Images getting the 'you need flash' message?

When you get that message you then need to press the lightening button at the top right hand corner. I think it's two or three icons in from the right. When you do this it will start streaming and you will get into your manage images.

Hope that helps, if not, let me know how far you are getting in the process and I'll try and walk you through it

Good luck!

Lynne

Archived