Received an email from DACS, as I  am sure others have, saying we will need to sign a new agreement this year due to, in part, an EU directive.

While reading through the blurb on their website I noticed they also have something called "Copyright Licensing member" and wondered if anyone on this forum was a member of that scheme.

If so what benefits, if any, and how does it work?

Do they need to have a complete list of all your intellectual property/work?

Allan

Allan, I was interested in using them until I spotted this in the FAQ 

"If an agent or image library already licenses your artistic copyright, then this would conflict with our Copyright Licensing service. Only one organisation can license and negotiate the reproduction of your work"

David

Allan, I was interested in using them until I spotted this in the FAQ 

"If an agent or image library already licenses your artistic copyright, then this would conflict with our Copyright Licensing service. Only one organisation can license and negotiate the reproduction of your work"

David

So they don't understand or have an interest in non-exclusive agreements. Pity.

Some misunderstanding here I think.

DACS operates on two levels:

primary use licenses (which is more for paintings and the like or high end fine art photography); and

secondary use (photocopies of magazines and books) which it calls Payback.

Photographers should sign up for the latter. DACS is not the right organisation to act as agent for work already on Alamy and its that service the link above refers to.

Archived