Actually got a sale

Never so much as a zoom to date, upload is error prone and tedious so haven't really bothered so this is a huge surprise especially since I have none of the images that sell well elsewhere on here. I gather the headline $70 is no reflection of the amount earned so guess I'll have to upload more if I'm ever to actually get the cash. :o

The first thing to do, with some urgency, is apply to have your work assessed for creative searches.  Otherwise your images will be lost amongst all the historical content produced by Alamy hobos.  Interestingly even 'warrior' yields more than 45K results, while 'dragon' gives 66K.

http://www.alamy.com/registration/creative_upload_apply.aspx

Did some person object to my use of 'hobo'?  It was a reference to the typical renumeration earned by hard working travel photographers.  

Ah...back to a neutral colour I see.

Dov, Rob (York) thanks John, I can't argue with that ;) Robert, Thanks for that link - doubt I'd qualify but asking can't hurt ....... (or can it???)

Edit: Ah!, I don't have a website (mandatory item) so that's that I guess ...

The first thing to do, with some urgency, is apply to have your work assessed for creative searches.  Otherwise your images will be lost amongst all the historical content produced by Alamy hobos.  Interestingly even 'warrior' yields more than 45K results, while 'dragon' gives 66K.

The only problem I've found with Creative, is after the initial assessment, they don't inspect again.... or if they do, it's once in a blue moon. By that time, any creative work you've submitted has already been sold X amount of times elsewhere.

Are we supposed to apply every time we upload content?!? As it stands, it feels a little half ar*ed in it's implementation....the last time they added any of my files to creative, they had already been uploaded here/elsewhere several months to a year beforehand. That way they are always going to be behind the competition.

That said, I'm not entirely bothered as my more "Creative shots" are selling well, just not here :D

The only problem I've found with Creative, is after the initial assessment, they don't inspect again.... or if they do, it's once in a blue moon. By that time, any creative work you've submitted has already been sold X amount of times elsewhere.

Are we supposed to apply every time we upload content?!? As it stands, it feels a little half ar*ed in it's implementation....the last time they added any of my files to creative, they had already been uploaded here/elsewhere several months to a year beforehand. That way they are always going to be behind the competition.

That said, I'm not entirely bothered as my more "Creative shots" are selling well, just not here :D

Thanks for that info Duncan.  I had been putting together a few waifs and strays under a separate psuedo, but thought that might be the case. Maybe I won't bother.  It seems to me that Alamy 'creative' will never amount to much unless they employ a team of editors, and as far as I can see, there isn't really any gap in the market that would warrant that.  Perhaps they will do a lot better with the budget collection (Stockimo).

Thanks for that info Duncan.  I had been putting together a few waifs and strays under a separate psuedo, but thought that might be the case. Maybe I won't bother.  It seems to me that Alamy 'creative' will never amount to much unless they employ a team of editors, and as far as I can see, there isn't really any gap in the market that would warrant that.  Perhaps they will do a lot better with the budget collection (Stockimo).

They could introduce a system by which the photographer submits potential Creative Images (already approved maybe?!?) and a separate teams casts an eye over them. If they are acceptable, add them, if not they don't go in. If you submit ones that are obviously not Creative (not border line ones), sin binned for 1-2 months?!? 

Other than that, it would be a case of introducing more editors to watch and grab images as they are going through the approval system.

Getting back on track (original query). I've noticed a lot more of my sales have not been zoomed at all so you could have more making there way through. In fact, zooms have dropped quite a bit for me but sales are holding.... so far  :D. I am seeing a lot more "Search Terms" in measures that have zero zoomed, maybe customers are using lightboxes more?!? Hover the cursor over the image, looks good, click on the lightbox icon without the need to zoom!

Archived