Anyone using the Canon eosm!

I read up on it awhile back.Seems to have a reputation for very slow focus. No viewfinder either.I'd assume putting on a 70-200 would make it rather difficult to hold too.

L

I tried the first version in Park Cameras. I also found the focussing disappointingly slow, even with a new STM lens fitted. My Canon G15 focussed faster and my Lumix G5 focusses far, far faster than either. Maybe the new Canon M2 is better?

Personally I hink Canon blew it with the M (like the EOS M). It was half-hearted effort, perhaps because they thought they should do something or make a token effort to test the water. As a long time Canon user (nearly 40 years) I have switched most of my photography to Fuji (now an X-T1) and the rest will follow if the X-T1 and the new lenses due later this year are fast enough for sport - then I will sell my all my pro Canon gear (the non-pro stuff will go this summer). I see others doing similar with Sony, Lumix and Fuji, not sure about Olympus and sorry Pentax, I think your days are numbered.

Personally I hink Canon blew it with the M (like the EOS M). It was half-hearted effort, perhaps because they thought they should do something or make a token effort to test the water. As a long time Canon user (nearly 40 years) I have switched most of my photography to Fuji (now an X-T1) and the rest will follow if the X-T1 and the new lenses due later this year are fast enough for sport - then I will sell my all my pro Canon gear (the non-pro stuff will go this summer). I see others doing similar with Sony, Lumix and Fuji, not sure about Olympus and sorry Pentax, I think your days are numbered.

I'm ordering the Fuji XT-1 today and if I love it will sell off some of my Canon gear.Too heavy for me after my fall last year and by looking at all my sales from every source,full frame and the 1.2 lenses have not made me more money than other cameras anyway. :-) Holding onto the Canon 6D and a couple of lenses until the end of the year or when it feels comfortable with another system to let them go.

Had Sony had a lens selection I would have opted for the A7/A7R but I do not like manual focusing and having an adapter and using regular lenses defeats the purposes of having a small camera.

L

Archived