Creative - weird finding

I recently searched for an image and was pleased to see that one of my efforts appeared within the Creative collection. I was not so pleased however that it was one that had never sold, nor been zoomed, while others of the same subject sell reasonably well and  were not included. I was further troubled to see an image in the process of deletion, totally stripped of key words, other than "nothing" also appeared there. This had been shunted to my dump alias destined for the bin.

It seems, therefore, that admission to creative is for a batch of images, some of which have sold in the past. Unfortunately the less favoured shots might be featured, as might those in the process of deletion. Is this a bug?

I am still trying to figure out why some of my images are in creative whilst others are not.  Last year I licensed an image of a cup of tea for over £1000 net but it is not considered good enough for creative.  Hundreds of other cups of tea are in there (not mine) and I just wonder what it takes to get included.  Those images of mine that are in Creative tend to be older ones that have some sort of history but not necessarily sales history.  It makes it difficult to get motivated to produce new creative images when you know there is little chance of selection.  Sadly I suspect "who you are" is more important than "what you shoot". 

Pearl

It appears that there is a strong link to the search terms used. Under some searches some of my images appear under creative, but using different search terms they do not - indeed there might be no creative images in that instance.  If I look at my total  Alamy collection none appear as creative, but some do appear as creative under certain search conditions. 

Searching for images that are used in the papers, it rarely helps to press the Creative tab. 

You may be right about "who" rather than "what" Pearl, but I think that number of sales ( rather than total $)  is a factor.

It's all rather strange. :unsure:

Currently digging out the teapot.......

Archived